Monday, February 8, 2010

2010 Debut Author Challenge


I'm making a goal to read as much as possible this year (hey, I just finished two books the other day... I can read 2 at a time, 1 for the morning, 1 for the night) and I stumbled upon this challenge that The Story Siren is hosting called the 2010 Debut Author Challenge where the goal is to read 12 YA or MG books written by debut authors in 2010.

Here's my list so far of what I'm hoping to read:
1. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young   
2. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
3. Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
4. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins 
5. The Mark by Jen Nadol
6. Firespell by Chloe Neil 
7. Tell Me A Secret by Holly Cupala 
8. The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride 
9. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy 
10. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 
11. The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell
12. The Karma Club by Jessica Brody

I'm hoping to read much, much more... it took me so long to narrow it down to 12 books because it looks like there's some great novels being released by debut authors this year.

6 comments:

Kerri Cuev said...

Cool challenge! Thanks for the list. Will def. check it out!

Kiersten White said...

Thanks for joining the challenge! And for adding Paranormalcy to your reading list : )

lisa and laura said...

That's a fantastic list! We've got HEX HALL, THE TENSION OF OPPOSITES and THE CINDERELLA SOCIETY on our list too! Can't wait to hear what you think of them.

Brenda Drake said...

Thank you for the list. I'll definitely check out the titles. My niece read the last Twilight Series book in four hours. She devours books and it's great to have a list to encourage her to read.

Anonymous said...

Neat list and neat challenge! I feel like I'm catching up on some reading...hopefully will get to 2010 books by 2015, LOL! :)

BTW, I've nominated you for a blog award. Check out my post about it today on my blog: http://lbdiamond.wordpress.com/

Happy reading and happy writing! :)

the story siren said...

thanks for joining the challenge! you've got a fantastic list! i think it's going to be a lot of fun! hope you enjoy! happy reading and good luck!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva