Saturday, March 6, 2010

Organised Chaos vs. Just a Mess

Well, Uni's definitely in full swing, my first assignment was due in yesterday (why do I want to be a teacher?) and I had to submit it via the internet. That's all well and good, but the uni's servers crashed and it took them two days to fix. Lucky the website came back online before I had to go to work so I could submit it.

With every assignment I've got, class reading, work schedule and everything else that's going on I'm starting to realise the true value of being organised (I guess my theory of organised chaos isn't working out so well at the moment).

I have uni work laying all over the place, as well as notes for my novel I'm starting to plan and pages of scribbled rewrites for Haven. Surrounded by all this mess I have learned that it is nearly impossible to think straight and get any proper work done. And, how can one write a novel when one can't focus on what the characters should be doing rather than on finding a pen to jot down something? It probably also doesn't help that my computer/study/writing room is also in our combined kitchen/dining/living room... that's what I get for living in a small town house.

So, how does everyone get organised? Do you have a room dedicated to the computer or writing? Or, can you write anywhere and under any circumstance?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva