Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting things perfect


I've had a very productive weekend. I started my revisions for Shinigami Eyes and have re-wrote 2 chapters, adding extra details and changing necessary events. But before I could start these revisions I spent the majority of Saturday searching through (and renaming) over 3000 pictures from my holiday just to find the pictures that would help me describe the setting and help me picture one important event that in the first draft wasn't even seen (it was only heard of and I thought that was, well, really boring).

Yeah, 3000 pictures are a lot (believe it or not, there are still 2000 more on my brother's phone I didn't have my hands on), but I had to make it perfect. The first draft was missing the description because I couldn't picture the place, and even though I had visited it, I just needed those pictures to help me get a better idea of where things were and how things were going to happen.

Stay tuned for a post later this week about my trip and I'll show you (not the 3000 pictures) some of the places I went. :D

So, do you like to see the place you're describing or do you write purely from imagination?

1 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot of pictures to sort.
Sometimes I'll use a science fiction drawing or painting to get something right in my manuscript.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva