Thursday, February 7, 2013

Insecure Writers Support Group


It's that time of the month again, time for another Insecure Writers Support Group. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting this fantastic group.

I think my big insecurity this month is that I won't have enough time to write, period. There are a lot of commitments in life, I bet everyone has the same problem at times, and sometimes all I want to do is come home and collapse in bed (seriously, that's exactly what I did yesterday afternoon, just getting up to have dinner). I have so many things I need to get done, and that's just with my job, that I really need to find time to get to those revisions, as well as finishing the first draft of another WiP I'm in the middle of.

I know I just have to take everything in my stride and learn how to prioritise. Sometimes I will have to ignore those revisions or postpone writing just to get my work done, and I'm sure life will calm down so I can get back to writing.

So, that's my big insecurity. What's yours?

4 comments:

Kerri Cuev said...

Mine is the same thing right now. Marketing is a huge project, and I'm having a hard time finding the time to write. If there was only more time in the day.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sometimes it's like that. I'm putting writing on hold until May due to other commitments. Just don't beat yourself up over it.

Krista McLaughlin said...

It can be hard! I come home from work at night and I just don't wanna do anything but put my feet up and watch "The Goonies" or read. Writing can fall on the back-burner. Hopefully we can both find a balance for both!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I'm right with you. I rarely have time to breathe, let alone write!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva